I’m interviewing the world famous, the international best seller, the one and only: STEVE COLE!!!!!!! “Please put your phone on silent… Now let the movie, I mean the interview commence…”
1. What were your favourite books when you were around the age of 10?
I liked Doctor Who books, Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks, the Hardy Boys… I always loved adventure.
2. What did you want to do for a living when you were a kid?
I had no idea. I didn’t think being an author was very likely, so I thought perhaps I’d be a cameraman for the BBC. But you needed to be good at Physics for that, and I wasn’t. I did work for the BBC but as a magazine editor, and later a book editor.
3. Where do you get your inspiration for your books from?
From a big bubbling pit in my head where the magic bananas grow
4. Where is your favourite place to write?
My office man-cave, late at night
5. In ‘Stop Those Monsters!’: how did you come up with the idea of Bob falling into Monsterland?
I was talking about the Wizard of Oz with a friend, when Dorothy is blown up into the air by a whirlwind that takes her to the magic land of Oz. I thought it would be fun to turn that upside down and have Bob blown down through the earth into a secret monster kingdom!
6. Zola was my favourite monster, do you have a favourite?
I’m very fond of Verity the ninja hamster-monster, but then I also like yelling ‘I’m down with the BOOOOM!’ like Alfie. And Zola got some of my favourite lines so I’m fond of her also. I love them all!
Thank you soooooooooooo much Steve!
Read my reviews of Steve’s books.